|November 12, 2005 - CAW Local 4003 members at Coyote Terminals ratify a new 3-year collective agreement
National Council 4000 and Local 4003 are pleased to announce that the tentative agreement reached between the CAW and
Coyote Terminals Inc. was unanimously ratified by the Coyote membership. National Council 4000 President Bob Fitzgerald said
that the agreement was a good deal for the membership and provides for the following highlights:
- Wages will be increased by
July 1, 2005 3%
July 1, 2006 3%
July 1, 2007 3%
- A one time lump sum market adjustment payment of $500 net to each employee with 6 months service as at the date of ratification.
- Group Health and Dental Plans Improved to a 60/40 spilt with the employer paying the greater
- Increase afternoon shift differential from $1.25 to $1.40 per hour
Increase evening shift differential from $1.75 to $1.90 per hour
- Eye examinations increased from $35 every 24 months to $50 every 24 months
- A subsidy of $35.00 per year for the cost of UV protection sunglasses
- Two (2) paid personal days Leave
- The General Holiday Floater Day to be taken at either the employee’s birthday or Christmas at the employee’s option
- Vacation calculation entitlement clean up on a no harm to the employees.
- Increase in start rate from flat rate to 90% rate and full rate after 90 days.
- Increase safety footwear subsidy from $125.00 to $165.00
- The company will match any employee RRSP contribution up to a maximum of 2.5% of gross income
- Improved time frames for supplying spring and winter gear.
- Laid off employees receive an additional three months of seniority protection.
The Committee was also able to stave off the company’s concessionary proposals, one of which was the right to hire part time
The Bargaining Committee consisted of Steve Boette, Regional Representative Sandra Prudames, National Staff Representative
Brian Stevens and Council President Bob Fitzgerald.
In congratulating the committee on a great job, Fitzgerald said that bargaining is never easy and tough decisions must be made
and that this committee was up for that difficult challenge. He made mention of how pleased the Council was in having National
Staff Representative Brian Stevens with his knowledge and talent at the table.
March 11, 2009 - New Collective Agreement ratified by CAW Council 4000 members at Coyote Terminals
The approximate 20 members of CAW Local 4003 at Coyote Terminals in Mississauga, Ontario recently ratified a new three year
collective agreement with the company, which sees, among the contract improvements, a one time signing bonus of $500 to
members with six months service at time of ratification and wage increases of 2% effective July 1, 2008, 2% effective July 1, 2009
and 3% effective July 1, 2010. The contract will expire on June 30, 2011.
You can access a copy of the CAW - Coyote Terminals Collective Agreement by scrolling on the above menu bar at the 'Resources"
section and then clicking on 'Agreements/Benefits' in the drop down tab.
Past round of negotiations with Coyote Terminals...