|September 11, 2006
CAW and CN set dates to start collective bargaining on new labour contract
|Bob Chernecki, Assistant to CAW President Buzz Hargrove, sent notice to CN requesting the commencement of collective agreement
negotiations with the Company. The current CAW CN Collective Agreements expire at 23:59 hours December 31, 2006. Both parties
(CAW and CN) have scheduled contract negotiations to open on October 11, 2006 in Montreal.
Buzz Hargrove will preside over the opening session with the CAW National Rail Bargaining Committees of National Council 4000
and Local 100, as well as the CAW’s Research Department and various support staff.
The Council 4000 CN National Bargaining Committee will be made up as follows:
- Buzz Hargrove - President, CAW-Canada
- Bob Chernecki - Assistant to the President
- Doug Olshewski - CAW National Representative
- Robert Fitzgerald - President, CAW National Council 4000
- Claude Rainville - Regional Representative, CAW National Council 4000 - Atlantic/St. Lawrence Region [Local 4005/4004]
- Sandra Prudames - Regional Representative, CAW National Council 4000 - Great Lakes Region [Local 4003]
- Rick Doherty - Regional Representative, CAW National Council 4000 - Prairie Region [Local 4002]
- Barry Kennedy - Regional Representative, CAW National Council 4000 - Mountain Region [Local 4001]
Updates on collective bargaining between CAW and CN will be posted on cawcouncil4000.com in the Negotiations section of the
website. The Union will publish, as is tradition, necessary updates to its CN membership by way of its Railfax communiqué, which
are also posted on cawcouncil4000.com in the Railfax section. The Union will also activate a separate website for CN bargaining, as
was done last time.
Shortly, we will be posting the results of the recent surveys sent to Local 4001 CN workplaces for the membership’s input on the
upcoming round of bargaining with CN.