|May 15, 2006
CAW Retirement & Pension Planning Sessions for CAW rail members
|CAW National Representative Jo-Ann Hannah will provide a 2-hour session on retirement planning for CAW rail members. Family
members are welcome to attend. The pension session will provide basic information on retirement planning and give an overview of
retirement income from the rail and public pension plans.
The session will cover the following questions:
- How much do I need to retire?
- What can I expect from the company pension and the public pensions?
- Features of the rail pension plans
- When can I retire?
- What happens if I quit just prior to retirement age? ("54/11")
- What about spousal benefits, divorce, death?
- Preparing for retirement -- a "check list"
- Overview of the CAW pension campaign
Dates for Mountain Region sessions are May 15 in Edmonton, May 16 in Calgary, and May 17 in Vancouver (New Westminster).
Click on the links below for bulletins that are posted in CAW workplaces at CN, CP and VIA Rail for detailed information, times and
location of the Mountain Region sessions.
May 15 - Edmonton
May 16 - Calgary
May 17 - Vancouver
For dates, session locations and times in other areas, please contact your Local Chairperson or Regional Representative.
For members unable to attend the sessions, click on the links below to access copies of the actual PowerPoint presentations that will
be shown at the cross-country sessions (PDF):
The Union will post a question sheet in the coming weeks for those members who may have questions but are unable to attend due
to the geographics.